Wednesday 27 May 2009

Suitably refreshed

Well i am now back from my little trip, got back on saturday afternoon.
I must admit it did me good to have the break, everyone left on the monday so i had the house to myself apart from the three beautiful doggies (photos to come tomorrow) sounds really horrible to say it but i really needed to be alone with my own thoughts for a time, can't say that things are back to normal in my head (my head is never normal) but that is to be expected i guess, it is still quite emotional. Anyway had a fab time, lots of walks, lots of wet kisses and licks and plenty of cuddles on the couch in the evenings, cooked what i wanted when i wanted it, had some wine watched some tv and just generally unwound felt so much better when i returned.
Will post tomorrow with all the piccies and there are quite a few.

4 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

J - it sounds just what you needed - time to be alone and gather your thoughts and wits, without any distractions. So glad to hear that it had the desired effect. :D

And it's not horrible to say this in the least. In my book it's perfectly normal to want to be on your own!!

Can't wait to see the pics of your three charges etc. though.....

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well and that you had the dogs for company while you tidied your thoughts. I think after every big change in your life you find a different 'normal'. You'll find yours in time I'm sure, early days yet. Can't wait for the photos! I have a Westie X Lhasa Apso, 10 months old with a face to melt your heart (especially at human meal times!)
Omi xx

oldcrow61 said...

I too think it's perfectly normal to want to be on your own and pets can be a great comfort. I'm looking forward to all the pictures.

avalon said...

Tricia: thanks, just made all the difference to be away

Omi: You have put such thought into your comment thankyou "the different normal" just semmed to fit somehow xx

OC; my three little girls were certainly a comfort that week, animals are so perceptive i think.